2019 Inter-Ivy+ LA/OC/SD Ski Weekend
@ Mammoth Mountain
Sponsored by MIT Club of So Cal and Penn Club of LA
Friday February 8 – Sunday February 10
Online registration is now closed in order to better manage the condo sleeping arrangements.
- As of 1/16, there were limited spots available in the condos. The LA bus is close to selling out. There is still good availability on the SD/OC bus. But, condo space is the limiting factor.
Currently, there are 74 signed up with 30 schools represented (many identify themselves with more than one school):
- 44 women, 30 men;
- 43 on the LA bus, 28 on the SD/OC bus; 3 driving themselves
- Most are skiers, with 11 choosing only snowboarding and 11 choosing some combination of skiing, boarding, snowshoeing and XC.
- 17 beginners, 40 intermediates and 17 advanced.
If you are still interested in going, use the "registration" button on the MIT Club of San Diego page (see below) to join the waiting list.
For more information, contact Miral Kim-E at email@example.com
This is the information page for Los Angeles alums ONLY. To get on the waiting list and for information for San Diego and Orange County alums please go to the MIT Club of San Diego page.
Get ready for another fun-filled weekend of snow sports at Mammoth Mountain with alums and friends from all the top schools. Everyone is welcome, but this is an adults-only trip. All skill levels - from absolute beginner to advanced - are welcome. Enjoy a deluxe bus, welcome pizza party on Friday night, comfortable condos close to the slopes, catching up with old friends, and meeting new friends from LA, OC and SD!
Last year, this event sold out by Dec. 1st, so if you are interested, we strongly suggest you make your booking promptly.
Most people elect to downhill ski or snowboard, and we will suggest a group that you can ski with depending on your interests and ability level.
Last year, our group included downhill skiers, cross country skiers, snowboarders, and snowshoers. The trip sold out with 48 attending. We had 26 women and 22 men. 15 schools were represented: Caltech, Columbia, Cornell, Harvard, MIT, Penn, Princeton, RPI, UC Berkeley, UC Irvine, UC Los Angeles, UC San Diego, UC Santa Barbara, Wellesley, and Yale.
This year, we will be having a double dose of fun. Our bus with LA alums will be meeting another bus full of SD and OC alums at Mammoth. We will all be in the same condo complex and all be doing the same social events.
Check out our FB page: InterIvy+ Mammoth Trippers
- Deluxe coach bus for the ride to and from Mammoth Mountain.
- 2 nights at St. Anton Condominiums, close to the Canyon Lodge and lifts.
Note: all accommodations involve shared rooms. Condo/room selection priority will be given according to the order of paid registration. And, master bedrooms will be prioritized for two-person occupancy.
- There will be 2 pickup spots on Friday, February 8th in Los Angeles. (Separately, there will be another bus departing from Irvine and San Diego.) The time stated is when the bus will leave these locations. You should plan to arrive half an hour early:
- LA Union Station at 9:30 am at an assigned location near the front of the station on the Alameda Street side. Overnight parking is available in the Union Station East structure, which is located on the eastern side of the station off of Vignes Street. The cost is $8 max per day.
- West LA at 10:15 am at 800-900 Corporate Pointe, Culver City, CA 90230. The bus will pick up in front of this office building. You can drop your gear at the pickup spot, then either park for free on nearby streets or in the parking structure for $15/day.
- The bus logistics are subject to change based on demand, but there will be two pickup locations and, historically, Union Station is one of them.
- Welcome pizza party on Friday at the condos.
- Bus ride into town for Saturday night dinner and entertainment.
- Soda, water, beer, wine and snacks will be provided on the bus ride up and drinks on the bus ride back. You are welcome to bring your own libations.
- We will return on Sunday after the lifts close at 4:00pm. There will be a stop in town for everyone to pick up food on their own for the ride back.
- Not included: lift tickets, ski gear/rentals, breakfast/lunch on Saturday and Sunday.
We will be located very close to the Canyon Lodge - that's the best place to rent equipment for downhill skiing and snowboarding.
For cross country skiing and snowshoeing, you'll want to take the shuttle bus to the XC Ski Center at Tamarack Lodge, where you can get ski trail passes and equipment rentals.
Per Person Cost
||Includes all of the above
Friday pizza party and
Saturday bus ride
This event is limited to the first 74 participants who make full payment. Only a full payment will reserve your spot.
If you wish to pay via Paypal or Venmo, please contact Miral Kim-E.
Important: Fees paid are fully refundable before 12/1. After 12/1. fees are non-refundable, but are always transferable. We will help facilitate fee transfers.
Questions? Comments? Please contact (LA ONLY) Michal Clements or (OC/SD ONLY) Miral Kim-E.